Sunday, September 24, 2017

New Place For Asian Cuisine & Some KFC


When you think of Asian cuisine you don't think of Rogersville, but it has two Asian restaurants as of writing this, the newest being Asian Cuisine (no I am not making that up). It is billed as a Chinese, sushi, hibachi and Thai food resturant...that is a lot of hats in one place.
Asian Cuisine is located in the old Pizza Hut building (it moved over next to Big Lots). It was strange to see the old Pizza Hut with an Asian look, but it was nice.



But any restaurant is about the food. I first had the Wonton Soup and it wasn't the greatest as it was way too salty. For my main course, I had the "Happy Box." I got the Hibachi Chicken and Scallops with sweet carrots and mushrooms. Besides that, the "Happy Box" also came with two Crab Rangoon, six California Rolls, Pork Egg Roll and Fried Rice. While I have had much better Japanese style food this wasn't half-bad.




Overall, it is not too bad and it is a welcome addition to the food scene (if you can call it that) of Rogersville.


Since I am talking about Rogersville eating establishments I decided to try the Nashville Hot Chicken at Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). I love hot chicken as one of my favorites is Rocky's in Asheville. Let me say KFC's isn't Rocky's. The coating is average and very hot, but it is better than the Georgia Gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment