Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My First Stand Alone Beer Review...Depot Street's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout


Of all the things I have written about on this blog, I haven't reviewed beers. Yes, I have done a number of Top 5's (Here is one on Imperial Stouts), but no straight reviews. Well, I am reminding that with my first review of Depot Street  Brewing's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. For those who don't know long before Yee-Haw and others Depot Street Brewing, out of Jonesborough, was a spearhead of the craft brew revolution in East Tennessee. 
So I picked up a special brew, the Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout, at Libation Station. Well, it poured well and had a nice dark color the way an Imperial Stout should be. It also had the great roasted malt flavor of these full-bodied beauties.
I will say it was a very good Imperial Stout, but it did lack in the Bourbon Barrel department. It just didn't have a real Bourbon Barrel taste so it is not on the same level as Oskar Brewing's Bourbon Barrel Aged Ten-Fidy or Wicked Weed's The Dark Age (I will be reviewing these two). I will say it is one of the best beers I have had from Depot Street and the Wood Booger Rating is 4.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment