Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Green Trails, Wildlife And Wildflowers On Sawnee Mountain


Like I said in my Quick Blog from yesterday I ventured out to Sawnee Mountain Preserve. It had pretty much rained since I got back from Tennessee, so it was good to just get out. Now I don't know how good it was from my sinuses, because it was cool and windy. While it had been a month and a half since my last hike at the Preserve they had been busy in my short absence. They added a gateway sign at the Fairy Trail, a map post at the junction of the upper Indian Seats and Bypass Trails, and wooden frames on both the upper and lower Gold Mines. I also got an update on the status of the trail up to Big Sawnee. Right now it looks like it should be ready by summer, if the weather cooperates. So, here are a few more pictures from my day out.

Where I am headed.

The say the new trails here will be ready by summer.

Visitor center has greened up.

Weird looking Robin.

Bumble bee on a Delaware Valley White Azalea.

Pink Azalea.

"Green"house.

This was a new edition at the Fairy Trail.

Mid-spring green on the trail.

My favorite tree looking green.

The put a map post at the junction of the Indian Seats & Bypass Trails.

The put a map post at the junction of the Indian Seats & Bypass Trails.

Rattlesnake Weed.

Fire Pink...

...& more Fire Pink.

Here is a squirrel...

...who's got...

...his nut.

He wanted a little privacy with his nut.

The Indian Seats...

...& me.

Panorama at the Indian Seats.

Mt. Oglethorpe.

Slaughter & Blood Mountain.

Deb's school.

Vista from the Indian Seats Overlook.

With the vista.

Mountain Laurel...soon!

Atlanta...

...& Stone Mountain.

Yellow Wood Sorrell.

Blackberry bloom.

Another rerouted section of the trail (new goes left).

New frame at the lower Gold Mine.

Light green of mid-spring.

On the way back.

The end of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment