Sunday, April 26, 2015

More Wildflower Hiking @ Little Sawnee Mountain

Well, today was a day I was going out. Where I went depended on whether Deb want to go out. She decided that she did but it had been over a month since Deb was on the trail. So, we agreed to take it easy and headed to Sawnee Mountain Perserve. 
I was just up there, Tuesday but it is wildflowers season so there were plenty to see. At the visitor center there was a number of Azaleas. Then on our way to the Indian Seats we passed old favorites Fire Pink, Rattlesnake Weed and Blackberry blooms. Then there was some new ones like Yellow Wood Sorrell and Wood Strawberry. When we arrived at the Indian Seats what I was hoping was in bloom had started...Mountain Laurel!
I did have to climb down a rock face to get a better look, they were awesome. While down there, Deb called and above me I could hear why. At the overlook a family with screaming kids showed up, so I headed back and we got right on the trail, ASAP.  I don't think Pete will ever forgive me.
On the way back down there was one more suprise. Off the trail, I spotted a group of orange Flaming Azaleas in bloom...nice! Anyway, Deb was glad we got out and with the all the flowers it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment