Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring Hike @ Cane Creek Falls & Lake Zwerner

Today I decided to go to a couple of places I last visited this past autumn, Cane Creek Falls and Lake Zwerner. I started the day at the falls. Located at Gilsson Camp and Retreat Center, this methodist camp hides one of Georgia's best waterfalls. The water flow was incredible today and was amazing to view. Funny story, something I did would effect my later hike. At the base of the falls, I decided to cross over to a sandbar which in the past I have never done, but I decided I would today. I always thought it would have best view of the falls and it did. On the too it, the rock I crossed shifted and my boots were in the water (there not waterproof anymore). Anyway, it was a great look at the falls, but I had wet socks for my trouble. The total hike there was a mile. I next stopped at Lake Zwerner. Since I had wet boots and socks I decided to just until my feet started to bother me. That was at about a mile (two out and back). I did hike some fishing trail around this small pond that is on the main trail near the big lake. Finally on both trails there was plenty of wildflowers. I spotted 15 different kinds of flowers and most suprisingly Flaming Azaleas on both trails (I will have pictures in my photo blog). Anyway it was a good day out now I just need the Blackhawks to close out Nashville tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment