Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Some Photos of My Cell Free Days In Southwest Virgina



As I pointed out, in a previous post, this past weekend I got to spend a couple of cell phone free days in the land of the Wood Booger, Southwest Virginia. While there I took plenty of pictures of trails I hiked, wildflowers and some wildlife (including a Copperhead that got bush hogged). Anyway, here are some pictures from my cell free days.

After the recent rains the Holston River looks like a lake.

Fire tower on Bays Mountain.

Hello Virginia.

Part of Clinch Mountain near Gate City.

We are headed to Ft. Blackmore.

Virginia mountains.

High Knob.

It is said the last Indian in the area fell from High Rock.

Tater Knob.

Yes cows in the road...

...we put them on the run.

We have to ford a creek...

...go past this old cabin...

...to reach the Cabin!

Oxeye Daisy & sweet bee.

Daisy Fleabane.

The old grill.

Night falls...

...with my fire.

Head past the barn...

...& up the road bed trail.

Old grave stone.

Mushroom.

Horse Nettle.


Moss.

Dad headed through the gate.

Barn & field.

My Dad & his tractor.

We reached the 2nd barn...

...inside.

Woodland Sunflower.

Found this tarpon.

Blackberries.

Ground Cedar Clubmoss.

Mushrooms

Looking back to the 2nd barn.

House & barn just over the fence line.

My Dad has these up.

Copperhead (no, he is dead).

Milkweed.

Black-Eyed Susan.

Rabbit Tobacco.

Bumble bee.

Mountain St. Johns-Wort.

Headed back up.

Mushroom.

From the clearing I hiked up...

...to bushwhacked rail on the ridge-line I hiked too...

...spotted this view...

...to what I called...

...Russell Knob...

...on to Robert Knob...

...where I am standing...

...small vista from here.

Another cool mushroom.

Sunset in the mountains...

...& my fire.

Hummingbirds.

This buckeye shows autumn is around the corner.

Nice creek.

Devil's Bathtub is popular.

Bridge over the Clinch Rver...

...High Rocks...

....memorial in Ft. Blackmore.

another look at the Clinch River.

More Virginia beauty.

Allandale Mansion.

Devil's Nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment