Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Selling Books, Visit To REI & Dinner At Dean's Restaurant, Just another Day In KnoxVegas

Today was finally get rid of books day as McKay Used Books, CDs & More was our first stop in Knoxville. I have been going here on-and-off for years. I remember the old location off Kingston Pike. Today it is on Papermill Road and a lot has changed.  Now you take your books in put them in bins and they give you a number and when they get done it comes up on a screen. After, leaving McKay's it was down the street to REI. I always love a visit to the outdoor outfitters. I picked up a few of those EPIC Lamb bars...nice! After some pizza at Whole Foods it was time for a visit to Trader Joe's. While the Knoxville location was like any other Trader Joe's, there was one big difference...no wine! Tennessee doesn't allow wine in grocery stores until 2016, so no two-buck-a-Chuck...I don't like. We ended the day at Dean's Restaurant and Bakery near Fountain City. The restaurant prides itself on simple and fresh southern Appalachian food and it was as great as advertised. I had the Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Wood Grilled Squash. Let me say the Pot Roast was wonderful, but it wasn't the best thing I had, that prize went to the Collard Greens. I will say these are some of the best I have ever had...exquisite! For dessert Deb and I had a piece Coconut Meringue Pie it was also excellent. One last thing was the Sweet Tea. They mixed their's with Orange Juice and Mint, I really liked it. I couldn't think of a better way to end the first day of July in KnoxVegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment