Monday, July 27, 2015

Because It's My Birthday



Well, today is my birthday and with it I have had some fun. We actually started on Saturday with a trip to the Farmers Daughter near Chuckey. Terry's brother Sean and wife Susan came down to Tennessee and we thought taking them to this restaurant who specializes in country cooking was a good plan. If you have never been you get to choose from two meats and then they bring you an array of different vegetables like Mashed Potatoes, Soup Beans, Carrot Souffle, Corn Beard Salad and many others. Our two meats were Fried Chicken and Catfish, always good choices. Oh, you also get a desert to cap off this huge meal. It is a great place to eat. In edition next door in front of Mountain Bulk Foods (which I will write more about sometime) was the Auntie Ruth's Donuts. They hand make donuts in their food truck and they are great. Because Terry's brother likes birthday cake I got two this year. The first we cut on Saturday and it was from Peggy Ann's Bakery in Greeneville and was very goood! They even made little sugar rocks.





For today we (Deb, Terry and Dad) headed to Knoxville. We first went to Whole Foods and REI (which are in the same shopping center) which was fun. Then we went back to McKay Books, CDs, Movies and More. I still had some trade and took a few more books to trade and I picked up a couple of cool books...cheap! After a stop at Trader Joe's we headed to our dinner destination, the Ye Olde Steak House down US 441 headed toward Gatlinburg. Terry said it was a good place and I read a lot of cool reviews. I will say it wasn't what I expected it had a rustic charm which was nice. With any restaurant it is the food and this place is a winner. I had the Baked Sweet Potato and the Buttered Mushrooms. I got these charcoaled and let me say they were great. As good as these were the star of the evening was the Prime Rib. The cut I had was cooked medium rare and sat in a bath of Au Jus sauce and it was excellent! I didn't get desert because waiting at the house was my main birthday cake, a coconut birthday cake (also from Peggy Ann). We had it with vanilla ice cream...nice! Oh, there was no tornado like last year which was also a plus.











No comments:

Post a Comment