Saturday, July 18, 2015

Couple Of Days Cell Free In Southwest Virginia

There is a reason for the last couple of days I didn't answer text or respond to any Facebook post. It is because I was at the Cabin in Southwest Virginia, which means no signal, which in fact I lose just after leaving Gate City. It is a few days off the grid you could say and I can't complain. On Thursday, Dad mowed while I took the 4-wheeler out and after that we grilled out. I finished the day with a fire and some barley pops. Yesterday, I hiked up the mountain (I just don't see the woods the same on the 4-wheeler) and Dad followed on tractor. We cut some trees out of the road and I even got to drive the tractor and bush hog. Besides weeds and trees one of the casualties of our mowing was a Copperhead, poor guy got cut in half. On the way back I decided to bushwhack a little and hiked up top of these two knobs. Since I didn't know their names I called the shorter one Russell Knob and the taller Robert Knob. But I did have an issue as a piece of barb wire tore my good hiking pants, which just sucked! Overall I hiked over four miles ripped pants and all. We then grilled out again and I enjoyed more time lounging by the fire pit. Then this morning Dad and I spent two hours just watching hummingbirds fromthe porch...nice! However, we soon headed back and by the example of this blog post I have signal back. I will be doing a picture blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment