Thursday, August 27, 2015

Since I Was In Erwin It Was Hawg -N- Dawg Time

I love barbecue and I have been to some great places in East Tennessee, like Dixie BBQ and Ridgewood BBQ, but I heard the best might be in of all places Erwin. The name of this place...the Hawg -N- Dawg. So, when I knew I would be hiking the AT near Erwin I knew this was my opportunity to go to the Hawg -N- Dawg. It is located in downtown and as the name suggests it serves hot dogs, but I was there for barbecue. I got the large BBQ pork sandwich and baked beans. While the beans were good the star, as it should be, was the barbecue. It was as good a barbecue sandwich as I have had. They also had a number different sauces, 13 in fact, all but one made in-house. I tried four; Carolina, Mild, Sweet Heat and Smoky Mesquite. My favorite were the Sweet Mild and the Carolina. Besides the barbecue another barometer of how good a place is, the sweet tea. Hawg -N- Dawg had that covered too. After some great barbecue it was time for desert. I had the Ooey-gooe Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream which is made fresh. I just have to say a lot of restaurants don't live up to the hype but this one does. If you ever needed a reason to go to Erwin, you have one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment