Saturday, August 8, 2015

New Trails At An Old Friend...Panther Creek SP

Today was a homecoming of sorts as I returned to a place of my youth, Panther Creek State, in Morristown. Back in the day I went to the park quite a often, including playing a lot of soccer games there. However, I never really hiked here in the past. So, since I need to find some new spots, today I rectified that as I hiked the Point Lookout Trail. It is a two-mile loop trail, while I will talk about this hike in more detail later, it wasn't well marked and the map I got at the visitors center wasn't worth the dollar I paid for it. We got turned around, but we found our way back (after doing the Sinkhole Trail). After the hike we drove the short distance to the main overlook at the park. While we didn't get many views on the trail this overlook more than made up for it. They had done a lot of work on it since I was here (over 25 years ago) it is nice and I love the information boards. I look forward to hiking more trails at Panther Creek State Park, but I need a better map.

No comments:

Post a Comment