Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Yee-Haw Good Time In Johnson City

Tuesday evening  we went out for Terry's Birthday (which is today, Wednesday) to Johnson City. Our destination was the White Duck Taco Shop ajecent to the Yee-Haw Brewery. While two spaces the brewery and restaurant are part of the same building at the old Johnson City train station. There are seats in the taco shop where you order food, but you can sit in the brewery part too. Where you order food also offered two selections of Yee-Haw beer, the Pale Ale and Pilsner. However in the brew pub they had these two plus a Dunkel and Scotch Ale known as Eighty. Also in the brew pub you could get a flight of three beers. I have had two of their selections (Pilsner and Eighty) before in growlers, so I got the Pale Ale, Dunkel and since I liked it better the Eighty. After having all four now my favorite is the Dunkel. I also have to say it is a nice brew pub. I didn't just come to drink, but we also came to eat. I got three tacos, it was a tough choice but I went with the Chilled Lump Crab, the Mole Roasted Duck and the Korean Beef Bulgogi. Oh yes, the the Beef Bulgogi had Kimchi. While all three were excellent you can guess my favorite (Beef Bulgogi with Kimchi). Anyway, I liked the food and beer and will be going back. Oh, almost forgot they also have free popcorn. We also stopped at the Mona Lisa Gelato, it was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment