Friday, August 21, 2015

Food & Waterfalls At Historic Amis Mill

I had been out by Big Creek, near Rogersville, on a number of occasion, but I had never been to the Amis Mill Eatery.
The eatery sits above the old mill ruins, which date back to 1780's and the old dam is now a lovely man made waterfall. One day I need to tour the historic Thomas Amis House, but tonight was about food. We started with an appetizer of Onion Rings which was very good. For my entrée I first had Oysters on the Half-Shell. If you don't know that means raw and they were delicious! I then had Fried Crawfish. I have had Crawfish many times before, but never fried, and it was pretty good. For desert was Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with ice cream which was a great finsh to a nice meal. Oh, the setting maybe the best part because it is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment