Friday, February 21, 2020

Nothing Says Joy Like Beans All The Way...Welcome Back Bean Barn!


What is the perfect end to a day of hiking to Margarette Falls? A bowl of "Beans All the Way" from the Bean Barn.
I reported last week that the Bean Barn had reopened, so after my hike Wednesday I decided to stop by and pay, one of my favorite restaurants, a visit. As sad as I was to find out, in August, that it closed I was overjoyed when I heard that it had reopened under new ownership. A former customer, Gary Hoese, brought the Bean Barn back from a six-month hiatus in December. So, since I got done with my hike in time I knew I had to go by.

Open!

The outside looks the same, except for a new Bean Barn logo on the door. However, it was a bit different. It is brighter with a new paint job, ceiling and there are new memorabilia on the walls. There are new tables and booths along with some corrugated metal on some walls. Also, the old setting area behind and left of the counter was removed. However, the old menu board is still on the wall. While I loved the old look this is a tasteful updating that still looks like the Bean Barn. 

New logo on the door.

Before...

....now.

Before...

...now.

Before...

...now.

The old menu board is still there.

What hasn't changed is the food. A course on this day I got Bean All the Way that is the signature dish of the Bean Barn. For the uninitiated, that is Soup Beans mixed with Beef Stew, chopped onions and a side of Corn Bread. Yes, it was as good as ever it is love and joy in a bowl! The new owner has kept the menu the same down to keeping the old grill. Next time I am in it will be time for a Hobart (cheeseburger with a slice of country ham). 

Why I came...Beans All the Way.


1 comment: