Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Snow, Snow...Oh I Was Disappointed with No Snow!


I hoped for snow this weekend at the Cabin I didn't get any, but it was cold, but relaxing for the most part.
The reason I hoped for snow as I saw plenty on Bays Mountain on the drive-up 11W (and still there Sunday). So I thought there should be some at the Cabin. I got even more excited that I would get to do some snow hiking. But the closer to Fort Blackmore I got the more I realized it didn't snow over this way. My concerns were confirmed when I started down towards the Clinch River and there was no snow on High Knob and zero at the Cabin.






However, I did have my old hiking partner Bax as Dad and I took him and Lester over. 
For our first outing on Friday we did the loop over Wood Booger Ridge. On Saturday, we did an exploratory hike up to the knobs I call the Three Sisters. Last weekend I mentioned that I explored an old logging road to see if I could get to a saddle between the first two knobs. Well, Bax and I went up and it is an easier route. So, we ended up summiting all Three Sisters.
















Hiking was all I did as my main reason to go over was to collect my Maple sap, so I can cook this week. Boy, the tree closest to the big Spring tank produced a bunch. All my other trees not so much.
I also did more road work which was tough on the back and elbow. But, I did have Bax to supervised while Lester stayed at the Cabin.








1 comment: