Thursday, February 20, 2020

Wonderful Winter Water At Margarette Falls


When I need a hike that isn't too long but is a lot of bang for the buck...a hike to Margarette Falls.
My latest hike here was on Wednesday. Coming in at three miles, round-trip, the hike itself isn't too long but has elevation and some real rocky spots that give it difficulty. However, the best part is that it ends (unless you go on to Baliey Falls) to this 60-foot beauty. I know I was just here at Thanksgiving, but that doesn't matter.




Today, besides all of the usual spots, like Mid-Point Falls and The Shute I got to hit some new spots. One was a double fall. One was a stepped cascade and the other was a plunge. I am going to call it Double Falls of Dry Creek. I also took pictures of Margarette Falls from a new angle. Oh, and the water flow was great today. So, here is plenty of water because it was a good day for it. Oh, look for the Waterfalls of the Blue Ridge blog on the cascades around the Margarette Falls Trail.


















No comments:

Post a Comment