Friday, February 21, 2020

I Don't Really Like To Do These Blogs but LEAVE NO TRACE!!!!


It would be great if I didn't have too, but from time to time I have to vent and right a Leave No Trace (LNT) blog about people littering the trails I hike.
When I go hiking or backpacking picking up trash is not something I look forward too. However, I have learned to carry a trash bag because I always seem to pack some trash out. I am like a "Trash Whisper" I can spot stuff people have tossed aside. Well, on my hike at Margarette Falls I didn't have to use my trash spotting skills as some dopes just tossed a bunch aside at the trailhead (see cover photo). That doesn't mean I didn't find any on the trail I did, but what was left at the trailhead filled up a kitchen trash bag.

Campsite near jones meadow...

...there is the color I found & filled with trash.

The beauty of Bruce Creek Falls...

...& just a sample of what knuckleheads left behind!

It is not the first time I have filled a trash bag or a cooler. The two that come to mind the most, the first was nearby up on Camp Creek Bald at Jones Meadow. I blogged about that in a rant from 2017. The second I filled up a constructor garbage bags (one of the really big ones) at Bruce Creek Falls. Funny thing is I probably could have filled up three. Oh, and Thru-Hiking season on the Appalachian Trail (AT) is just getting started so LNT also applies to you too (AT hikers check out this blog). What is the moral of this story, if you are going to use a trail pack your trash out...humans!


No comments:

Post a Comment