Saturday, October 30, 2021

Hiking Hump Day @ Bays Mountain Park For Halloween Part One & A 3rd COVID Shot!

Since it is the heart of autumn I decided what better way to spend Hump Day than hiking. Because of the weather, this outing will be part one of the 7th Annual Halloween Hike. Anyway, I couldn't think of a better place than Bays Mountain Park for this Wednesday outing.

I knew this Kingsport Park would work because I had a third COVID shot appointment and it is always a great place for fall colors. I first enjoyed checking out the deer pin and my old friend Buddy. He had a nice rack and was showing off quite a bit. Then the Wolf enclosure I got to see a scuffle. While I did go up to the old fire tower (which I discovered has another name...Garden Mountain) this outing concentrated on the Bays Mountain Lake area because of how beautiful it is with changing trees lining its bank. It made for a great hike that even Pete enjoyed.



Bucky!


Wolves


Pavilion @ Lily Pad Cove

Beauty of the lake



Fall colors




The Bays Mtn. Fire Tower also known as Garden Mtn.





Clockwise (CW): Church Hill School, Food City, Allandale Mansion, I-26, HAAP

CW: Camp Creek Bald, Holston Mtn., Mt. Rogers, Unaka Mtn., Chimneytops, The Roans


New tower sign



Floating Bridge

Looking back at the tower & looking down earlier


Crossing the dam

View from...

...the dam

Once I was done I headed to Walgreens in Rogersville for my third shot (one & two) of the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine. My arm was sore and I felt a little tired Thursday, but it is better than getting COVID. Oh, I still haven't grown a second head!




Google Photos

SmugMug Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment