Monday, October 5, 2015

Day 1: After A Quarter Century, Back On The North Carolina Coast

When I was last on the North Carolina Coast Daddy Bush was President and MTV still played videos. Back in the day when I in Morehead City was for a wedding, but this time not for something so grand, just enjoying the ocean. I remember it is a long way over there, but first we had to worry about Hurricane Joaquin. As everyone knows Joaquin hammered South Carolina dumping two feet of rain in some places. So, we delayed coming over by a day as Emerald Isle (where I was going this time) could get hit and maybe flooded. By Monday it was showing periods of heavy rain but nothing like what South Carolina has endured. When we left Tennessee it was beautiful blue skies. So it wasn't a bad trip  (except for an incident at the Virginia Stateline) until we reached I-77 and had to go over Fancy Gap. Let me just say most people can't drive in the mountains. As we got closer to the coast the weather detearated and about Raleigh it started raining, but nothing bad, luckily we dodged the worst. I take it earlier in the day the parking lot out front was flooded and there is a chance it could happen tonight. Anyway the place where we are staying had a few issues, but I walked out to the beach, and while night, was still nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment