Friday, October 9, 2015

Day 5: Just Enjoying The Last Day On The Isle

On our final full day we didn't do anything to exciting, we just enjoyed the pleasures of the Southern Outer Banks. It started like the last couple with a early morning sunrise. It was made better by a fishing boat, the Lady Carolyn, which was on the horizon of the sunrise. After watching the sun come up Deb and I hiked the beach again. Most of my part of this 4.5 mile hike was on the sandbar as it was low tide. It was a good workout as I had to wade through water at times. Deb looked for shells as she walked mostly on the beach proper. The last two miles Dad and Terry joined us. In the afternoon we went shopping as we were cooking dinner for Shaun, Susan and their friends Bruce and his wife Cricket. The highlight of the trip was the Harrika's Beer Haus (the picture lad messed up so it is at the bottom). I will talk about this place in detail later, but it was awesome!  We also went to Clyde Phillips Seafood Market to buy shrimp and scallops. When we got back, Deb and I decided to take one last half-mile walk on the beach. After helping to devein shrimp I grilled some of them and a couple of skewers of scallops. I got my part done just in time to catch a partly cloudy, but beautiful, sunset. As for the dinner ,with food, family and friends how could it get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment