Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pete's Response To Last Week's Hike & The First Trip Down The Rabbit Hole


Pete my hiking Rabbit has a rebuttal to the events of last week's hike at Warriors Path State Park, so the floor is his...
With Easter coming up I am already not in the best of moods and know I have to clear up some flat out FALSE allegations that I tweaked my knee and that is why the Falls Creek Loop Hike at Warriors Path State Park was cut short...that is just bulls**t! Anyone who has ever read this blog knows about how I have carried the Big Lummox, better known as the Wood Booger, up mountains from Georgia to Virginia and points in between. I mean earlier in the month I had to listen to him crying heading up the Middle Springs Ridge Trail "oh it is so steep" wanna! It was the Lummox who "tapped out" at Buzzard Roost while I was ready to head up to the AT and Shelton Graves! 
So, does anyone think a pansy trail like the Devil's Backbone would even slow me down! I am not going to name, names but I know I was at Elk Garden on Friday dragging the Lummox to the top of Virginia at Mount Rogers (see the photo below).  If I had my way I would have hiked to Massie Gap and back! While it was a great outing, it was a walk in the park for a hiking machine like me. I wasn't even pushed Friday. So, because I am not going to let people disparage my character I am going to have a spot on this blog called Down the Rabbit Hole with my review of hikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment