Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Change Of Plans Takes This Day Hike To Two Charlies Bunions in The GSMNP


Well, the original plan wasn't hiking at Charlies Bunion, it was going to Indian Flat Falls out of the Tremont section of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP). However, since it was a fabulous day and I wanted to do a Spring hike to the Bunion, so I headed to Newfound Gap and jumped on the Appalachian Trail



Today, I didn't go to the Jump-Off, but the Bunion wasn't the only destination as I headed up to what I call the Fodderstack (above the Bunion) and found something that shouldn't have been there (more later). I also hiked to the junction with Dry Sluice Gap Trail and on the way back I headed up to what is called the "Original" Charlies Bunion. Oh, and I mingled with plenty of thru-hikers, overall a great day on my favorite hike in the Smokies.










No comments:

Post a Comment