Sunday, April 30, 2017

This Is A Three-Day Blog On Weekend With Sierra Club


Well, this weekend I attended my first Sierra Club Tennessee Chapter Meeting at Pickett CCC Memorial State Park. Starting Friday and end Sunday around lunch means there is more to cover than a Day Blog or one over three days. However,  I will touch on a few highlights, on Friday I got to pass through Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area (NRRA) and some star gazing. 


On Saturday, two hikes, first in the morning to Pogue Creek Canyon State Natural Area and then in the afternoon into the Big South Fork NRRA and a hike to the Twin Arches. Then that evening we had a silent auction (I was the Big winner) and bonfire. 






On, Sunday the main event was the Executive Committee meeting, which I might be a part of (more later).  Let me finish by saying it was a great weekend with even better people.



1 comment:

  1. Woodbooger blog ROCKS! Great pix too. Going to share this blog on the Watauga Group FB page so the whole gang can view. :)

    ReplyDelete