Monday, April 3, 2017

Down The Rabbit Hole Instead Of Big South Fork


Well, this is Pete again I am just coming up out of the Rabbit Hole to give my quick take on this disastrous weekend of not getting to backpack in the Big South Fork (NPS photo above, because we weren't there to get any!). I haven't been in a good mood anyway lately, because of Easter, and then not getting to overnight in a new place (which I heard is spectacular) just added to my bad attitude! Anyway, I am not going to be too hard on the old Wood Booger here on my post. I could say things like the Big Lummox is a pansy who needed to suck it up and hit the trail. That I, Pete, the Hiking Machine never gets hurt or sick, unlike the Lummox who was crying at the Dandridge McDonalds Saturday morning about not being able to go, because he was sick and then tapping out (which I might add I have never done).

Where I had to watch a grown man cry!

I will be fair he wasn't feeling the best, but let me say I already carry his 190+ pounds on our hikes I think I could have added the extra 33 pounds of the overnight pack. But I get why he wouldn't want to go and get others sick I have to give him marks for that. Like I said above, unlike me who is immune from disease and never gets sick, I don't know if the members of the Harvey Broome Group who went on Will's hike have the same cast iron constitution like me. So, I wouldn't want them blaming the Wood Booger for coming down ill and not inviting us back.

I was ready to go!!!!

I also heard that the hike was a little harder than listed, so knowing the Big Lummox like I do, they would have had to fly in Search and Rescue to take his whiny ass out on a stretcher. Because we know I wouldn't even break a sweat on this outing. Well let me get back down the Rabbit Hole and I will let the Lummox get back to getting well because I need to hit the trail.

I should have been in this picture!!!! (photo by Will Skelton)

No comments:

Post a Comment