Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day Blog: AT Hiking From Jones Meadow

This was original going to be a Live Blog, but events conspired against it, like hurting my knee, so this is a Day Blog on our hike at Jones Meadow.
I not going to get to specific (I am sure Pete will do that), but Deb and I were planning to hike from Jones Meadow to Big Firescald Knob on the Appalachian Trail. Well, the ice and snow (yes there was still plenty still there) cut our hike short and we didn't make it up to Big Firescald Knob. However,  we did make it out to White Rock and Blackstack Cliffs. When we got back to the old site of Valhalla Inn I went down to a new spot where I slipped on some slush and skinned my knee...good. Anyway, I got us down the mountain and we even stopped at Dillard Place to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment