Saturday, May 9, 2015

Second Half Of Double Waterfall Fun At Dukes Creek Falls


My hike at Dukes Creek Falls on Thursday was the second half of our Hike Georgia outing.  So, why am I not starting with the first part, which was at Raven Cliffs Falls, which is only two miles as the Raven flies above Dukes Creek. Well, I have already done a more comprehensive blog about Dukes Creek Falls after taking in its splendor back a little over a year ago in March of 2014. So, I am just doing a photo blog on my latest trip to this wonderful complex of falls. As for Raven Cliffs Falls, I am doing one of those more comprehensive blogs which will cover my two visits, the first in June of 2013 and the most recent this past week. Anyway, here is my photo and video blog from Dukes Creek Falls.

At the entrance...

...to Dukes Creek.

Yonah Mountain from the parking area.

Headed down....

...but the view from the Observation Deck is obstructed...

...back in the early Spring of 2014 it was better without leaf cover...

...but there was a view of Adams Bald, today.

Yes, I found Mountain Laurel.

Footbridge.

Headed down...

...to the footbridge...

...which leads to Dukes Creek Falls.


At the falls.

Looking up from lower observation deck to the middle one...

...& looking back down.

One of the smaller falls just below...

...35-foot Lower Dodd Creek Falls.


With the falls.

Another look at the 300 footer.


Rattlesnake Weed.

Here some photos...

...of Mountain Laurel...

...one of my favorite wildflowers.

On the way back look for...

...this beauty, Middle Dodd Creek Falls.


Not much farther from here.

Wood Booger sighting.

Yonah Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment