Sunday, May 3, 2015

AT Section Hiking Woody Gap To Neel Gap

Today I went out to finish another section of the Appalachian Trail (AT), Woody Gap to Neel Gap. This hike, depending on which place you look is about 11 miles. I had done about 1.5 miles from Woody Gap and five more from Jarrard Gap to Neel Gap. So to finish the section I needed to do about 4.5 miles. Not only did I do that I hiked the whole 11 miles in a day. A course this hike took me over my favorite spot in Georgia, Blood Mountain,  for a 6th time. I hiked it today with Greg who runs the North Georgia Hiking / Backpacking group on Facebook that I joined. He was a great hiking partner today, I look forward to future hikes. I also want to thank his friend for shuttling us back to Woody Gap. Oh, I almost forgot it was a fantastic day for wildflowers! Look for a section / photo blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment