Monday, February 15, 2016

Sandwiches & Hummus...An Inside Look Into Tomato Head


Deb and I decided to head to Knoxville on Thursday. She was off because school was closed for snow and the weather could get bad at the start of the week. So, after going to McKay Books, REI, Whole Foods, McScrooge’s Wine & Spirits, and Trader Joe’s we decided to eat at a place I had heard a lot of good things about Tomato Head.




It serves pizza, calzones, sandwiches to name a few things, but one of their specialties is hummus. There are two locations in Knoxville and we went to the one at the Gallery off Kingston Pike. Like there motto says “Food has got to cook, don’t come out of a can!” Oh, and you want to know they are right. I decided to go with a sandwich, and what else should one get than the Tomato Head. It has ham, pepperoni, monetary jack cheese, mustard, mayo, tomato, sprouts and what really made the sandwich the pesto. I will say it was a really good sandwich. With it I got the blue corn chips and some hummus, which was also off the chain. I will say that I look forward to a future visit to the Tomato Head.





No comments:

Post a Comment