Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Embarrassing Weekend In Virginia Down The Rabbit Hole


Pete here and let me say I don't know where to start. This weekend was supposed to be an 18-mile two-day hike with the Clinch Coalition on the Chief Bengie Trail. Well, it turns out that we only did 10 miles for the two days and who's fault was that...the Big Lummox!


I should have known that this was the direction the weekend would go when the Lummox got his wires crossed and we went to High Knob Lake instead of Bart Camp Lake to camp. I slept in the car so the snoring of the Lummox wouldn't keep me up. 




So, I woke up ready to go, but did we get to start from the tower...no! The Lummox had lost his old phone & he thought it was down at the High Knob Lake Recreation Area. So we met the group there. Oh, the Big Dummy had let it fall in between the seat and found it when the alarm went off! I don't know how he gets dressed in the morning! 



Then about four or more miles in, we get to a creek crossing where he decides to rock hop and guess what the pansy hurts his knee. Then all I hear, after, is my knee hurts, the trail is rocky and Pete carry me...please! I sometimes wonder why I hike with him and then he commits the most embarrassing act of the day and taps out! At least he wasn't the only one as another guy named Peyton made like a jobber and also tapped out. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't go to dinner or enjoy the bonfire (but the Big Lummox had no problem what a disgrace)! 





Then to add insult to injury we did not hit the trail with the real hikers (but know, zero of them is in my league) on day three, but decided to help shuttle. Now we did get to go to Bear Rock...while not a lot of hiking was still pretty cool. 



Also, when we got to the Falls of Little Stoney, I had to drag him kicking and screaming to the top of the cool rock Steve told me about. The rest of the hike was nice, but I did have to wait will a bunch of these "Millennials" had to play in the water...good grief! 



But for the day we only got in three miles, which means I was eight miles short for the weekend...it is hiking miles this machine won't get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment