Friday, June 2, 2017

Day One Blog: Evening Before The Hike


On Friday, I headed to Virginia for the annual National Trail Days Overnight Hike with the Clinch Coalition on Saturday. I headed over the night before to avoid having such a long drive and early start on Saturday. However, what I thought was an easy trip over was anything but...First, my main camera broke, then signals got crossed and I went to High Knob Lake Recreation Area instead of Bark Camp Lake (about 8 miles away from an half-hour). Somewhere along the way, I lost my old phone and the GPS took me the wrong way. But I finally got to Bark Camp Lake around dusk. Right, when I was going to sleep at 11 pm a family came into one of the adjacent campsites. Let say they didn't observe quite hours! It was after midnight before I feel asleep. 




But I did eat at the Wood Booger Grill, which was really cool...for a Wood Booger! Well, that was day one here is hoping day two goes smoother.


No comments:

Post a Comment