Thursday, June 1, 2017

Day Blog: Black Snake Moan


Where I live, here in St. Clair, we have always had Black Snakes. But when the old garage was torn down to make way for a new one our resident Black Snake needed to find a new home, but we hadn't seen him or any snakes in some time.
Well, that changed in the last few days. While mowing on Tuesday I saw not one but two Black Snakes. Then on Wednesday Dad spotted one trying to get under the house and it must have been successful because he saw one come out from beneath there today. Well, I carried it off because it was trying to climb a tree and was driving some birds crazy.



Then late this afternoon my Dad came over while I was enjoying the fire pit and said you need to see this. Turns out that the two Black Snakes I had seen were male and female and (in the words of Bill Clinton) were having "relations" in our yard. I had only seen this on TV so, it was a first. However, even though I didn't want to break up the part I once again needed to move them. Oh yes...I let them do their business before I hauled them off to the woods. A man has got to be respectable!








No comments:

Post a Comment