Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Day Two Blog: From High Knob On Chief Bengie Trail...


On Saturday morning I got up for the 11-mile half of the Clinch Coalition Hike hike on the Chief Bengie Trail. This hike was part of National Trail Day. So, after a decent night sleep, I got up ready to go. I was one of the shuttle cars and we met at the High Knob Tower. We all went up, but I joined the hike at the High Knob Lake Recreation Area.







The reason, I had lost my old phone, which I eventually found in the car wedged in the seat. We first looked for salamanders in High Knob Lake and headed out on the Chief Bengie Trail. It was a good hike on this yellow blazed trail as we climbed up a Big Rock at Mountain Fork and then past what might be a grave.









Then about three or four miles in I did a rock hop of Bark Camp Branch and tweaked my knee. About this time the trail got really rocky which didn't help. Because it was bothering me I had to tap out! I stayed with Steve while we supplied the hikers. We then headed back to Bart Camp Lake to wait for the other hikers to finish, before heading back to High Knob for the cars.





When we got back we had a great dinner and some presentations, including one about Chief Bengie. Then we watched some Caveman TV, which I always love to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment