Sunday, June 11, 2017

Life Is Better When I Can Get Pho In Johnson City


There are not many things I like better than good Vietnamese food to be specific Pho. This is the famous Vietnamese soup, usually made with beef but some time with chicken and even seafood. But the beef version is the one I prefer and what I feel in love with in Metro Atlanta. I use to go to a place in Duluth called What the Pho. When I last went to Atlanta in May one thing I wanted but didn't get was Pho.


When I went to Panther Creek State Park a few days after I got back from Georgia I saw one Vietnamese place opening in Morristown and another that already had. I then decided to see if Johnson City had one and low and behold one had just opened...V's Vietnamese Cuisine.


It is located off State of Franklin next to the Food City. So, I planned a hike at Laurel Fork Falls with the idea I would come back by here to eat Pho! I will say that the interior of the restaurant was sleek and clean, but as always it is about the food.


Let me say it was really good, it might be better than expected. I went with the Combo, which had Beef Eye Round, Brisket, and Tendon. It had good rice noodles and the beef broth was excellent. Then you could add bean sprouts, basil, jalapeno, lime, hoisin sauce, and sriracha. I have to say that I fell in love with sriracha eating Pho. I also had a glass of Thai Milk Tea which was also good.


This was the best Asian soup I had since my trip to Thai Noodle Town back in January (probably better and that is saying something). Writing this has me wanting to go back...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment