Sunday, June 11, 2017

In Norton The Wood Booger Found His Grill!


On the first day (last Friday) of my three-day weekend with the Clinch Coalition, I had to eat before heading up the mountain. I had some thought and I checked my phone at the Bengie Gap Overlook and couldn't believe what came up...the Wood Booger Grill!
For those who don't know a Wood Booger is the Southwest Virginia name for Sasquatch or Bigfoot. The name came to prominence on an episode of Finding Bigfoot. Three kids I know started calling me that when telling the Wood Booger stories. Then it became my trail name and eventually the title of this blog. Since the Finding Bigfoot crew came to High Knob and Norton it became the mascot for the town. There is even a Woodbooger Festival in October. So, this was a no-brainer and I headed to downtown Norton for dinner.


As expected there was a lot of Squatch decor inside and out, which this Wood Booger liked. I looked at the menu and they had a Super Wood Burger it is a two-patty monster, which I might have tackled at one time...but not these days. I went for its little brother, the one patty cheeseburger, which I got fries and it was very good. Maybe one day I will try the Super Wood Burger because I will definitely be returning to a grill fit for a Wood Booger.





No comments:

Post a Comment