Thursday, June 15, 2017

Beer and Barbecue Deliver At The Nest


The Nest is a restaurant I went to on my last trip to Atlanta, back in May. My friends Clint and Cindy thought Deb and I would like it and especially me since it combined two of my favorite things, beer, and barbecue. The restaurant is located near downtown Kennesaw and has two have restaurant and bar with an incredible selection of beer.


There is also something the Nest featured, which was a twist on the flight of beers. For those who don't know a flight is a way to try more than one beer at once. They are usually three to four small beers that you can choose different varieties. At the nest, one could order flight size beers individually. These beers varied in price from inexpensive to pricey. I had three the cheapest was two Georgia brews, first Red Brick's Matcha Super Green Yuzu IPA and one from down the street from Dry County, a Berliner Weisse, called Neon Neon. The most expensive were from a favorite brewer of mine, Asheville's Wicked Weed and the Barrel Aged El Paraiso.


As for my barbecue, I had to go with my favorite, smoked pork ribs. While not the best of have had they were very good. For my sides, I went with the baked beans and collard greens. The baked beans were pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the ones at Ridgewood Barbecue near Elizabethton. As for the collards, these were better than the baked beans, very tasty. Overall, it was a good meal with great friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment