Sunday, August 27, 2017

Down The Rabbit Hole On The AT & At Honey Creek


Pete here again, I have jumped in front of the picture blog because I know what people want...more Down the Rabbit Hole. 
Because it is my part of the blog I can do what I want. So, I am going to start with my week in hiking on the second one I carried the Big Lummox on and that was AT (Appalachian Trail) hiking at Camp Creek Bald. It felt good to be on my home away from home the AT. It was nice and cool and the Lummox complained a little less than usual. The one problem, I know he will rant about this, but the trash we hauled out was disgusting if I had my way I wouldn't let these pigs back in the woods...humans! Besides that, it is always great to be on the trail and for the first time in some time, I had only one person to carry, unlike the last time here. Oh, one more thing we made it to Big Firescald Knob...unlike April.

At Camp Creek Bald.

Home...

Humans!

Big Firescald Knob.

On Blackstack Cliffs.

That brings me to the Harvey Broome Group Sierra Club hike a week ago. I will admit that the Big South Fork is not in my wheelhouse, but it is always good to go somewhere new like Honey Creek. While I would have felt better with a leader like Will out front (at least he never forgets a map or other stuff) we could have had done worse...I guess. We had some issues with the heat, the Big Lummox couldn't stop crying about it, but heat and humidity don't affect a hiking machine like me. Oh, then there were the rope cables and I had to carry the sniveling Lummox down... embarrassing! Oh, he wasn't the only one as Will would have had no problems. Either outing wasn't hard to a hiker of my level, but I was just glad to be on the trail, even carrying deadwood.

At the start...

Yes, I had to help here...

...& here...Pete's work is never done.


No comments:

Post a Comment